Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dre's Survey

Diminutive of your name: Emi

Favorite Bulgarian word: oozhus, or oozhasno

Strangest thing ever seen in your bathroom: my landlady, yeah that was awkward

Best duner (falafel) place you’ve discovered: I like the one in Dupnitsa, my first time. I was a little hesitant to try it, but it provided me with satisfaction and a hunger that is now hard to fill.

Craziest thing that’s ever happened in class: Halloween. Toilet paper everywhere, half the class in their pajamas, and laughing and screaming galore.

Favorite Bulgarian beer: Ariana dark for the winter 

Favorite Bulgarian town/city/village: tough to say

Ever ridden on a donkey cart?: It made my day after falling down a mountain four times and ripping the crotch of my pants. A lift home was in order.

Best thing you have purchased in Bulgaria: a fan. Boss ice cream

New hobby/pastime you have discovered since being here: I crocheted a hat, and I now can make crème caramel. Also I now have more of an appreciation for yoga.

Favorite type of rakia: The kind Radka’s dad made, I think it was plum.

You are granted power to rid Bulgaria of one type of pest that constantly tortures you.
What do you choose?: a tie cockroaches/locusts/grasshoppers.

Best English t-shirt you’ve ever seen: Bright yellow "Start Seky"

Which do you hate more–dumpy pants or clear bra straps?: Why are the pants dumpy? I don’t understand…

Favorite Bulgarian salad: I like snezhana with lots of crushed walnuts

First thing you think of when you wake up on a school day: Just five more minutes, please…

Last thing you cooked: Rice, heated up some purlenka

Do you like chalga?: Only with dancing and fellow chalga enthusiasts.

Would you rather spend a week without water or power?: Hands down water for the fan/heater and of course, my laptop.

If you could choose one amenity to have, which would it be–washing machine or air conditioning?: Washing Machine. I have come to hate the bucket.

You have a free day–no classes, no engagements of any sort. How do you spend it?: A good book, coffee or drinks with friends. A walk around the center, maybe. Also if I’m in the mood, cooking.

No comments: